Get a PADI Rescue Diver Certification
Welcome to the dive class that will change your diving focus from yourself to others!
This class is often seen as the most transformational class divers ever take. The class will present the opportunity to learn to challenge, conquer, and control dive emergencies. It is one of the courses I most enjoy teaching. My goal is to create a learning environment where the student is allowed to stretch themselves and mostly learn about themselves! I have had consistent positive feedback from graduates of this class!
Prerequisites for Rescue Diver Certification:
- Certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
- Be 12 years of age or older (Divers under 15 obtain PADI Junior Rescue Diver certification)
- CPR Requirement: Student diver must have successfully completed a sanctioned course in CPR within the past two years (24 months). EMERGENCY FIRST RESPONSE course is highly recommended and can be used to meet this requirement.
Equipment required for Rescue Diver class:
- Current logbook with documentation of required classes
- PADI Diving Accident Management Flowchart/Work slate
- Sound signal device
- U/W compass
- U/W Cutting tool (Knife or Shears)
- Recreational Dive Planner or The Wheel with instruction book
- Complete set of scuba equipment (At this level, most students own their equipment. This cannot be overemphasized because the emergency training scenarios expect the student to be intimately familiar with his/her dive gear.
Study Material Required for Rescue Diver Class:
- PADI Rescue Diver Manual (included in fee)
- PADI Rescue Diver Video (borrow from shop)
- Forms and Releases for Rescue Diver Class (Tan folder):
- PADI Student Record File: Student Profile completed before class begins (Tan folder)
- Current Divers Medical Questionnaire completed before class begins (Tan folder)
- PADI Standard Safe Diving Practices Stmt completed before class begins (Tan folder)
- Liability Release and Assumption of Risk Agreement completed before class begins (Tan folder)
- A head and shoulders Photo
Required Study and Participation if I am Teaching the Class:
- Students are required to have completed all of the chapters and knowledge reviews from PADI Rescue Diver Manual BEFORE arriving at classroom session or dives, whichever occurs first. Students will not be allowed to participate in the class if this work is not completed before class.
- Students are required to successfully participate in all classroom sessions, confined water sessions, and open water session.
- Students are expected to use the training sessions and scenarios to “stretch” themselves and their diving skills and comfort zones. The training will provide a safe opportunity for the student to experience such growth.
A Rescue Diver certification can help you dive safer.